Re: [OM] OT : Can a photo lie ?

Subject: Re: [OM] OT : Can a photo lie ?
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2020 02:25:00 -0700
On 4/30/2020 2:12 AM, Philippe wrote:
In post we all know and sometimes confess, even the Russian do ;-)

But in many cases, people (including photographers) will find it difficult to
incorporate the notion of point of view when no alternative view is offered.
"It happened, I saw it on TV or in the paper. »
No, it was a construction, or selection, by the photog.

I think the examples in the article illustrate this very well i.e.(deliberate
or not) bias on location.

Want to show the streets are crowded => long lens
Want to demonstrate social distancing in operation? => go wide.

Yes. I had already read that article, so my mind moved on to the broader view of your
subject line, "Can a photo lie?"

Moving Along Moose