Re: [OM] Just how sharp is the OM Zuiko 50/3.5 Macro?

Subject: Re: [OM] Just how sharp is the OM Zuiko 50/3.5 Macro?
From: Jan Steinman <jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2020 08:49:36 -0700
> From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>>
>
> One of the questions about the OM Zuiko series of lenses is whether or
> not the more common and affordable 50mm F3.5 Macro lens is sharp. I'm
> of the opinion that this lens is actually one of the sharpest lenses
> of any form in the OM Zuiko line.

4th best OM Zuiko, according to my analysis of the Gary Reese tests:
        http://www.ecoreality.org/wiki/User:Jan_Steinman/Lens_tests#Conclusion

Right behind the incredible 100/2 and two Great Whites, tied with the third
Great White.

It was the second OM Zuiko I ever bought, way back in the 1970s.

I’d probably own a copy today, except I think the E-System 50/2 Macro is
probably its equal, if not its master.

Jan