Re: [OM] local landscape

Subject: Re: [OM] local landscape
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2020 17:31:53 +0100
I tried Fate is the Hunter last year, on the recommendation of a pilot
colleague, but I couldn’t read it.  There was too much old-style pilot thinking
in it, the sort of thing that led to accidents – such as the idea that you
could feel what an aircraft was doing.

I’m content that Gann was a successful pilot, but I wouldn’t have liked to be
on his crew.

I’m reading Lindbergh’s autobiography at present, but I’m not sure that I’ll
finish it, much though I’ve enjoyed the first part.

Chris