Re: [OM] No longer window shopping

Subject: Re: [OM] No longer window shopping
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 2 May 2020 01:39:47 -0700
On 5/1/2020 11:22 PM, Ken Norton wrote:
Well, saving up has advantages.

The window shopping was really a means of confirming what I already
knew but wasn't willing to accept. And when a decent deal makes itself
available again, it was time to act.

<. . .>

So, a brand-new Sony A7 II (kit with 28-70) is in the house. For the
next couple of days they are on sale and I picked up one of the very
last ones in Alaska.

Whiplash, and just a little dizzy, but that was a great ride. Just like a roller coaster, we ended up where we started - and I didn't throw up!

Funny thing is that a KEH excellent A7 II should be here Wed. Prices have
dropped and I think the IBIS is likely worth it.

<>

Now, all I have to do is get my OM lens adaptors.

Ah yes! Did you recall my post about adapter lengths and infinity focus?

This is what I wrote:

The third party folks don't always get it right, although you'd think they would get the basic stuff right. I bought a Beschoi Pro OM=>Sony E adapter.

I'd been using a combo of  OM=>EOS and EOS=>E, which is fine at infinity. I think I wanted the OM=>EOS for something else, so I bought the direct  OM=>Sony E.

As I was intending to do some astrophotography, I wanted to be able to simply focus to the stop for infinity. So I checked. All the OM lenses I tried focused to infinity before the marking and stop! Compared it to the OM=>EOS and EOS=>E combination I'd used before, it's 0.3mm shorter!

Bought a Fotasy adapter, same length as the combo, infinity just as it should
be, and returned the Beschoi Pro.