Re: [OM] No longer window shopping - ERRATUM

Subject: Re: [OM] No longer window shopping - ERRATUM
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 2 May 2020 10:27:31 -0800
> I sold my 35ƒ1.4 and I regret it quite a lot.

When I was in Stewart's yesterday, a guy came in and bought one. It
was his second. He said that it was one of his biggest blunders
getting rid of it and he's been missing it ever since.

As to the X-T4, the thought of Fuji did cross my mind and I would have
taken it more seriously except for the cost. I needed to be at the
$1000 USD mark if at all possible. (give or take a little). The Sony
proves to be the best value proposition for me right now. I could have
gone with a crop-sensor camera (pick your brand/model) and then still
ended up buying a Metabones. And in all honesty, the A7 series is
really about as right-sized as you can get.

The camera isn't perfect and the color science is definitely a bit
different, but what camera is perfect? Come on, a brand new camera
(although getting long in the tooth), full-frame, with lens, for ten
bills? I'll try to suffer along with it for a while.

Besides, you all are waiting with baited breath for some new images from me.

That said, I remain convinced that the G9 is hands-down among the very
best cameras on the market today and the image-quality matches or
exceeds that of literally everything I've ever used in any format. In
the default configurations (or near default), it handily beats the A7
II. But I know that when I really push the bits around, the A7 II will
come into its own. Especially for low-light exposures. But the
in-camera processing is MUCH MUCH MUCH better in the G9. Not even
close.

A7 Schnozz

AG Schnozz