Re: [OM] Exercise in Spain

Subject: Re: [OM] Exercise in Spain
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 2 May 2020 12:08:40 -0700 (GMT-07:00)
     I was certain that you would be thrilled after all these weeks.  Our
restrictions here were relieved slightly this week, but nothing that had been
affecting me.  I've cycled about 120 miles this week with two trips of about 30
miles each, a couple of shorter trips of 15 miles, plus a lot of excursions to
the post office, etc.

     My frustrations with the coffee shop wifi were not unique.  I stopped by
later to visit with a friend and while there another shop keeper came over and
asked if anyone was having trouble with the wifi as he had no connectivity at
all.  That says that the problem is not my laptop not the coffee shop's hub and
modem.

     My medicare provider has come up with a nice offer of a free at-home
exercise and health monitor for free, either a Fitbit Inspire or a Garmin
vivofit 4.  Can't get any information at the moment but I will tomorrow.

>I am THRILLED! I got up at 6 this morning to make sure that I would be
>done with doing dishes from last night (part of my morning routine), my
>two cups of coffee, breakfast etc. by 8 so as to have 2 hours of cycling.
>It was great to cycle in my hilly landscape again. I am not sore at all,
>I have kept in shape during the confinement by cycling on my front porch
>every day (on a set of rollers with one of my regular bikes mounted on the
>base). I could tell that I had not done real climbing for 7 weeks, since my
>heart rate went up to a higher level than usually on that route. But
>otherwise fine. I just did a short 32 km ride today, will do a longer one
>tomorrow.
>
>And now I just got back from a walk on the beach, another permitted
>activity. People like me (between 14 and 70) can go out from 6 to 10 a.m.
>and from 8 to 11 p.m. The other slots are reserved for families with small
>children (12-7) and for seniors (10-12 and 19-20). The idea is to ensure
>that everybody does not hit the beach promenade at the same time,
>especially since we now have proper spring weather with blue sky and temps
>around 30-32 C.

Chris

     - Hunter S. Thompson