Re: [OM] No longer window shopping--adapters of various flavors

Subject: Re: [OM] No longer window shopping--adapters of various flavors
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 3 May 2020 22:09:13 +0000 (UTC)
Cc: usher99@xxxxxxx
<<Now, all I have to do is get my OM lens adaptors.

The Cameraquest (Rayqual) are very nice.  If you want exif to be at least
mostly there  there are two options that I know of.  This would save punching
in the FL into steadyshot so the IBIS works.  As there is NO way to manually
input the focusing distance one is limited to 3 axis IS.  Curiously the FL in
steadyshot is NOT reported in exif.

  The Techartpro AF adapter can be very very quickly programmed for the FL and
can get proper aperture (F2 required for proper exposure) if use EC.  The
fotodiox knockoff is preferable and the firmware can be flashed with the TAP
firmware.  Don't feel bad as the adapters WILL develop the wobbles after a
certain amount of use and they still sell them as is after years of complaints.
 Customer support has always been horrid.  Would need compatible OM to Leica M
then if pick the usual pathway.

  Another option so that SS can at least get the FL  and max aperture reported
is to use a cheapish AF Canyon to Sony adapter (fotodiox one is about 60 bucks
only--the better made Metabones does not recommend doing  this anyways--but it
does work).  i think one would have to set the chip or the cam or both for MF
for the magnifier to work-- I almost always use that to focus OM lenses on
Sonnie.

https://tinyurl.com/y7hcg5ta

One can then use OM to Canyon--chipped adapter.  I have only heard the
Dandelion chip works for this but don't know about the others.  Those  adapters
aren't that much dosh either and then can have one  for each lens programmed
for the FL.  There are hazards of stacked adapters and too bad no one makes a
chipped direct adapter, AFAIK. There is also a flavor (OM to Sonnie FE) with a
focusing helicoid to provide extension.  (fotodiox pro).

https://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/57482363

Just stirring the pot, providing options, Mike