Re: [OM] IMG: Rhody Details

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Rhody Details
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 7 May 2020 01:54:31 -0700
On 5/5/2020 11:53 AM, Ken Norton wrote:
<>. My mantra about sensor pixel count is that you
have to compare "short-side" dimensions. Not diagonal or long-edge
(unless the crop is to 16:9).

Yup. That's where the APS-C sensors are not much larger than 4/3.

A square crop of an E-1 image where the
photographer filled it to the edge is 1920 pixels. A full-frame 24MP
camera has 4000 pixels if you don't do any additional cropping, but as
a matter of course, we tend to shoot the bigger sensor with more space
around the margins, so the crop may end up around 3000 pixels.

Gosh, I haven't complained about the "we {do something}" for ages. Here, I object. I don't frame and shoot 1" any differently than 4/3" or FF. It's not that I would object to doing so. It's that I just don't think about that when framing and shooting.

Framed Moose