[OM] Musings of a new LR user

Subject: [OM] Musings of a new LR user
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 May 2020 21:15:49 +0000 (UTC)
Cc: usher99@xxxxxxx
Now fully configured with two separate LR catalogs with Synback set up  for
syncing the images and working fine.  Synback  with Syncback touch was a tad
quirky to set up but once
the magnifying glass is clicked on to find the  proper folder on the 2nd
system, all took only a few minutes. Why they don't just say explicitly  to do
that is beyond me. I thought the sync dry run would take an hour, but it was
finished in 20 seconds and the real sync about the same including transferring
files.   LR is just not set up to do what I want as far as the catalog but His
Mooseness solution is a logical choice and I am thankful he prescribed it.
It still requires double work on keywords and training the recognition
software, but the other solutions were less good.

Now to produce a few images justifying all the fuss.

All synced up, ready to go, Mike