Re: [OM] IMG: Olympus 50/2.0 Macro as a Walk-Around Lens

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Olympus 50/2.0 Macro as a Walk-Around Lens
From: Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 May 2020 18:11:50 -0500
Moose,

Yours appears to be much more civilized than what around here is really a weed.  Yours is a nicer image, as well.

On 5/12/20 5:27 PM, Moose wrote:
On 5/7/2020 11:00 AM, Jim Nichols wrote:
I received a 50/2.0 Macro lens from B&H yesterday, and slipped it on the old E-1 this morning to see how it functioned as a daily walk-around lens.  I sought a wide variety of subjects to get a feel for its focusing and resolution, from treetops and clouds to my utility meter.  With a breeze blowing, and several small subjects, it took a little while to get used to its focusing habits, but, as you will see from the utility meter, resolution is very good.

Nice selection.

A colorful fly:

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/20200507-P5078601.JPG.html

Common Fleabane:

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/20200507-P5078605.JPG.html

No, no, this is common Fleabane! <https://photos.app.goo.gl/Ah8brNKXHQqKYCpV7> :-)

At least it's the species common around here. ;-)  I see from the web that there are many, many species.

Ban the Fleas Moose

--
Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA