Re: [OM] More Mirror Madness

Subject: Re: [OM] More Mirror Madness
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 May 2020 01:52:56 +0000 (UTC)
Cc: usher99@xxxxxxx
<<Topaz AI Denoise AI 20 0 10
<<Topaz Sharpen AI Stabilize 35 22
<<Topaz Sharpen AI Focus 35 20

Any masking involved?  One thing I've seen is that sharpen AI seems to largely
leave sharp objects alone unlike FM  (as expected with deconvolution) --have to
be very careful not to get ringing artifacts.  Like any other hammer, it is
still possible to hit it too hard though.  Have never used all three procedures
sequentially like that--glad I asked.

<<<Other than apparently crappy pix?

If used that criterion I would be sending lenses in for adjustment  with
abandon to no avail.  I tried to use it at the last supermoon total
eclipse--?9/15 and the focusing was difficult and the images not acceptable.  I
tried the next day on an easy target with optimal stabilization but it was
clear the lens was off even before the shutter was pressed  I assumed
collimation but have not checked.  Celestron said they still service them.

Wobbled, Mike