Re: [OM] The KEH upgrade

Subject: Re: [OM] The KEH upgrade
From: Bill Barber via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 May 2020 15:17:44 +0000 (UTC)
Cc: Bill Barber <nsurit@xxxxxxx>

On 5/12/2020 4:49 PM, Ken Norton wrote:
>> AHA! Compare vignetting.
>> Holding My Breath Moose
> No need to worry. The vignetting I'm seeing is specifically related to
> the protruding lens mount into the corners. It's something I see
> referenced all over the Interwebs regarding the SONY Alpha series. I
> expected to see it and when I go looking for it, I can find it.

Don't really want to wade into the physics of why one vignettes and the other
doesn't or does to a lesser degree, however one of my favorite contemporary
photographers/artist/educators is Keith Carter. His mantra, as anyone who has
spent any time with him can attest is, "Darken around the edges." So my
assessment on the adapters is the Universe has sent us what we need . . . a
marriage of physics and aesthetics.  For anyone not familiar with Keith's work,
make your day more enjoyable by checking him out.
https://www.keithcarterphotographs.com/
Bill "Soon to be released from lock up in Texas" Barber