Re: [OM] IMG: White-Breasted Nuthatch - The Acrobat

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: White-Breasted Nuthatch - The Acrobat
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 May 2020 16:28:29 -0700
On 5/15/2020 9:31 AM, Wayne Shumaker wrote:
Cute. Perhaps inverted helps taking off in a hurry?

Nuthatches are creepers. They run up and down tree trunks, picking little critters out of the bark. Their ideas of up and down are not like ours.

We have the similar red breasted ones here. Their call is short and recognizable from a distance. But they are also chatters. Close up, groups of them hold lengthy "conversations" in low voices. Very cute, but I do wonder what they are talking about. It sounds a little like gossip?

Soto Voce Moose