[OM] Cabin-19 Fever? [was Driven to Abstraction]

Subject: [OM] Cabin-19 Fever? [was Driven to Abstraction]
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 16 May 2020 21:21:17 -0700
On 5/15/2020 9:37 PM, Pearce, Wilfred via olympus wrote:
Moose,

Exceptional!

Thanks!

On 5/16/2020 3:36 AM, Wayne Shumaker wrote:
First one, Moose seeing if his sensor has dust on it.

Could be. I don't recall.

The the second one is a psychological test.

Yup. And I'm not revealing what I see in it!

The third, dancing light, I was wondering if it needed a bit more contrast?

Could be. I did it the way I did for the diaphanous "folds". There's probably a
way to do both. I may get around to it. :-)

You never answered if you were suffering from cabin-19 fever?

It's sure a different year than 2019. By this time, we'd already been to Bhutan, Seattle area and we were getting ready for So. Utah.

On the other hand, different is fine, too. I've settled into a home mode pretty comfortably. We are in a comfy home we like. We have a lovely front garden. It's like every day or two brings new things happening there. We've had mostly good weather, upper sixties to mid seventies, so we leave the doors open and live indoor-outdoors. I don't know what I would do in your climate, and I feel for you without a partner to hunker down with.

We know we could pack a lunch and head out into Marinoma for a day, legally and safely, but haven't gone yet. It might upset the easy routine we are living?

It's as though staying home, all the time, has opened up new possibilities that we haven't as yet fully experienced. Heaven knows we are physically comfortable, and eating well, perhaps too well. I've developed a new signature dish. When I got it right, it was a transformative experience just to eat it. Next shopping trip or delivery, lots of fresh corn and basil!

We aren't as isolated as some. Our weekly dream group has easily transitioned on to Zoom, where it works well. We've actually had more interaction with Carol's family than usual, with Zoom gatherings on Easter and again since then. Carol's Interplay group Zooms. No physical contact, of course, but she's made a new friend in the Seattle area. Even her Pilates teacher does a class by Zoom.

Can't be sure how long this will last without some changes. We're assuming it does go on 'til Fall, which I'm pretty sure it will for us, at least as regards air travel. Fall without a month in New England to visit with our family and many friends there will be weird.

We assume Oct. in Wales is not going to happen, either. Maybe May.

Or just an itchy trigger finger?

When home, I actually shoot a lot around house and garden, as the urge ebbs and flows. Not all of it makes it onto the web, though. Depends in part on how much we are home and how many travel pics there are. So you may be seeing more than usual.

I guess the one photographic thing I'd like is opportunities to use my 10 mm HWA lens, where it's actually required to get the shot.

When possible and impossible are close together, you have Moose.

Wow! That's one of the nicest things I've heard said about me!

Flattered Moose