Re: [OM] Nathan's PAW 22: more freedom

Subject: Re: [OM] Nathan's PAW 22: more freedom
From: Jan Steinman <jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2020 08:00:57 -0700
> From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>>
>
> It is believed that I had it right before Christmas.

I also had a bout with fever and coughing this winter. At the time, we had a
student from Shanghai. One night, she came down to our bedroom, crying, saying
she was sick and had a fever. We gave her ibuprofen and reassured her and sent
her back to bed. A day later, her symptoms were gone.

She’s a very material girl, and gets more packages than I do, and I have farm
equipment and a photography addiction to maintain! :-) They say CoViD-19 isn’t
viable on surfaces for the length of time for a package to come from Shanghai,
but I can’t think of any other way we’d pick it up here in the Vancouver Island
Health Authority, where the total case count has been flat at 127 for three
weeks now.

BC Health surveyed EVERYONE to try to get a handle on unreported potential
cases, and I am supposed to get an antibody test at some point. That seems to
be a key component in getting this thing under control.

Jan