Re: [OM] Tamron 01A Teleconverter

Subject: Re: [OM] Tamron 01A Teleconverter
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2020 14:37:19 -0700
On 6/3/2020 11:26 AM, Chris Trask wrote:
      I've been interested in the Olympus/Zuiko 1.4X teleconverter, but they
tend to be horribly expensive.  I looked into the Tamron 140F (there is an
affordable one on evilBay), but that one is intended to work only with primary
(fixed) lenses.

Inaccurate info. It works with some zooms. Here's the compatibility chart from long ago. <http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/tech/Misc/Tamron_Telextenders_c.jpg>

I have one 140F and two 01Fs. I don't recall hearing about an 01A, nor get hits on a web search. According to my list, the 01A is the 35-80/2.3-3.8 lens, not a teleconverter. And that's the model number engraved on my 35-80 zoom.

Update Moose