Re: [OM] Canadian Tiger Swallowtail Butterfly

Subject: Re: [OM] Canadian Tiger Swallowtail Butterfly
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 7 Jun 2020 19:21:42 +0000 (UTC)
Cc: usher99@xxxxxxx
<<<Magic, Magic, Magic. Topaz Denoise AI and POOF

On sale now for $59.99  (79.99 usually) and use DENOISE15 code for another 15%
off.  Sharpen AI also does some NR and sometimes Prime NR with DXO PL is best.
I lost Moose's post on his optimal sequence, but it seems very image dependent.
 I need to find that post  and save it.

Best to do NR first and doing it at conversion makes sense.  Can save the file
with DENOISE AI as DNG--makes for complex workflow.
The new version also allows masking.  I thought is was easier to mask in PS and
Sharpen AI on the selection.  Curiously Sharpen AI though tends not to overdue
previously sharp areas unlike FM where that procedure will lead to ugly
artifacts and is to be avoided. Sharpen AI can also clean up residual
noise--adjustable.  So when to use each?  Intuition would say very noisy
image--use Denoise AI first.  So busy at work and rounding with fellows
(Zoom-sigh) will not come up for air until  at least another two weeks.

Waiting for the AI program to optimize sequence of using AI image processing
tools, Mike  (AI Moose is best, however)