Re: [OM] Loan camera test

Subject: Re: [OM] Loan camera test
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 20 Jun 2020 15:17:50 -0700
On 6/20/2020 12:44 AM, ChrisB wrote:
Smaller sensors . . . I often feel that I can detect a greater readiness to lose smoothness in
images from my TZ100/200, Moose. That’s when I’m 'fiddling' with them. I’d be
happy to accept that that was my clumsiness,

So many possibilities . . .  You use COne for conversion and editing. I use ACR and PS. I use Topaz Denoise AI extensively and make sure the file is smooth before any fiddling with USM, LCE, any tools that work on edges in any way.

I don't experience what you describe at ISO 400 and below. At 800 and above, quality definitely gets a lot worse. And yet, I have photos at 800 and 1600 that have come out very nicely, with extensive help. :-)

I know you've looked at my ZS200 gallery. I've since added over 50 photos to it. I don't think you will see the effect you mention. <https://photos.app.goo.gl/xjdsgFgZdbrZk9yL6>

but images from my Fujis are easier for me to fiddle with.

That's good. I like the way things are always moving around. Jim has just moved from Fuji to Oly, due to problems he was having . . .

I’d love to have a go with the Sony compacts (they look cool as well)

For a reason wiped out, at least for now, by COVID-19, I have two 1" sensor superzooms, the ZS200 and a Sony RX10 IV. Quite the contrast. The Sony is enormous in comparison. OTOH, the zoom is a lot longer, out to 600 mm eq. vs. 360 mm, and faster.

It's pretty impossible to really compare zooms, vast combinations of FL and aperture. The Sony lens is something of a marvel and overall better than the Panny in my samples.

  but I’m ready to spend money on the Fuji X100F.

Have fun with it!

Puzzles and Conundra Moose