Re: [OM] Loan camera test

Subject: Re: [OM] Loan camera test
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 21 Jun 2020 03:16:03 -0700
On 6/21/2020 12:02 AM, ChrisB wrote:
Thanks for all those points, Moose. This one might be key, though. Perhaps I’m
not noticing noise and using Clarity on a (slightly) noisy file might cause the lack
of smoothness.

Sounds about right. Makes Crunchies. The new Topaz Sharpen AI options have NR sliders, too. But as I see it, that's for the noise/crunchies they create. It's better to go in already smooth appearing.

I’ve resisted going for another Topaz gizmo because I’ve lost track of the way Studio
is supposed to work –

I mostly have, too. although not for your reasons. Studio is mostly an editor, and it do that in PS. The newer AI tools are stand alone and PS style plug-ins, so I use them from within PS. Some of their options are wildly computation intensive, so slow, but the work flow is seamless.

That's not an option in C1. I don't know if they are integrated into Studio, as
I've never tried that.

and my already bought plugins weren’t transferred

I didn't have that problem. I think that, one way or another, I've bought pretty much all their stuff, and it all worked in Studio. Now, of course, windows doesn't like something when I open it. Bed time, reinstall later.

, with no answer from their Support people

Now that seems odd, on the couple of occasions I've needed them, I've received prompt, helpful assistance. Been awhile, though.

  – as well as its being rather slow. But I’m treating myself to a new iMac
after tomorrow, so speed should be much better.

Oh! Fun! I keep thinking about building a new PC, or at least a new MB and
processor, with Win10 to start with.

A. I. Moose