Re: [OM] Images on SD card held hostage

Subject: Re: [OM] Images on SD card held hostage
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2020 14:35:01 -0800
> Actually you can delete files from the card. When you put the card back in
> and then go to view images, it will show a ? if the images are gone that it
> thinks should be there, but will still show new images. I suspect it keeps
> information to be able to quickly display/find images. It does not harm the
> system if you delete the images from the card.

Almost without exception, I remove the cards from the cameras, through
them into the SD slot on my computer and let Adobe Lightroom suck
everything in. Then when I use the card the next time in the camera, I
always format it in-camera. I do it this way because I may swap the
cards around into different cameras. And by delaying the format until
I use that specific card in a camera again, it does give me a fighting
chance to recover images that may be otherwise lost if I experience an
untimely hard-disk failure or file-corruption issue before all my
backups and redundancies are done.

Honestly, I've never had a run-in with the Sony files yet.

A7 Schnozz