Re: [OM] Images on SD card held hostage

Subject: Re: [OM] Images on SD card held hostage
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2020 09:36:36 -0800
> That’s one of the reasons I stayed with Olympus. Micro Four Thirds is an open
> standard, not a proprietary one.

Well....... Not so fast. Four-Thirds/Micro Four-Thirds is an open
standard in that it's a specification that they will license to
anybody but they directly and tightly control the standard. The Sony
mount is technically not an open standard, but they open publish the
specification to allow anybody to develop for it without the same
licensing requirements. So, in reality, the Sony mount is less
proprietary than the Olympus mount.

AG Schnozz