Re: [OM] Divesture of Olympus Imaging business to Japan Industrial Partn

Subject: Re: [OM] Divesture of Olympus Imaging business to Japan Industrial Partners Inc.
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2020 11:13:36 -0700
On 6/24/2020 8:42 AM, Rand Tomcala via olympus wrote:
Same topic, different presentation.
"After 84 Years, Olympus Is Exiting the Camera Businesshttps://www.pcmag.com/news/after-84-years-olympus-is-exiting-the-camera-business?utm_source=email&utm_campaign=whatsnewnow&utm_medium=title";

On 6/24/2020 7:38 AM, Piers Hemy wrote:
https://www.olympus-europa.com/company/en/news/press-releases/2020-06-24t08-
30-00/divesture-of-olympus-imaging-business-to-japan-industrial-partners-inc
.html

I certainly wish the brand well, I think. If, OTOH, there's only enough business in µ4/3 for one major player, I guess I'd rather it be Panasonic. :-(

I've wondered about their recent high end strategy. How big can the market be for enormous, heavy, expensive µ4/3 gear? One indicator may be the emails offering a free E-M1x, III or II body when you buy three Pro lenses. Obviously, those things aren't moving. New-Old-Stock E-M1 II bodies clogging up the warehouse?

I wonder how many people have had a similar experience to mine. I was using E-PL/PM bodies and jumped on the E-M5 when it came out, dumping Canon. I have had 14 real Oly lenses, plus the Lens Cap Lenses. I now have three lenses, and hardly use them.

I now have one E-M5 II, strictly for the HR mode, an E-PL7, mostly for nostalgia, an Air-01, well, just because - And a TG-4 that actually has a place.

I now have 12 different Panny Lenses, five ILC bodies and two compact zoom
cameras.

This has all happened gradually, as Oly has moved away from best tools for me.

Good Luck Oly,
   Moose