[OM] IMG: First outing in 3 months

Subject: [OM] IMG: First outing in 3 months
From: Peter Klein <boulanger.croissant@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2020 20:55:01 -0700
The State of Washington has reopened its state parks. We are still keeping away from other people, But "they" are now saying that outdoors is fairly safe as long as we keep our distance. So, we went on our first outing since early March. Destination: Deception Pass State Park, about 1.5 hours drive north of Seattle.  It was wonderful to get out of the city and into nature, and feel like human beings again.

Deception Pass is a saltwater channel between two large islands. Tidal currents can run in either direction, the setting is beautiful, and there's a bridge over it built during the Depression, with help from the Civilian Conservation Corps. The bridge is undergoing maintenance right now, but is still open. Here are a few shots from our visit.

A diving sea lion, taking advantage of the currents that funnel fish into the central channel:
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/24844563@N04/50049361627/in/dateposted-public/>

Me, appropriately attired:
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/24844563@N04/50049361577/in/dateposted-public/>

Katya and Tilly.  My wife refused to be photographed with a mask. Here we far well away from anyone else, so the masks were off:
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/24844563@N04/50049105661/in/dateposted-public/>

I thought this driftwood log looked like a Tardigrade (Those cute microscopic"Water Bears").
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/24844563@N04/50049361502/in/dateposted-public/>

A speedboat doing what speedboats do:
<https://www.flickr.com/photos/24844563@N04/50048545498/in/dateposted-public/>

Taken with my Olympus E-M5, which remains blissfully unaware of its impending orphan status, plus Panasonic 25/1.4 or Olympus 45/1.8. Enjoy!

--Peter