Re: [OM] Images on SD card held hostage--wave fxn collapse--now what to

Subject: Re: [OM] Images on SD card held hostage--wave fxn collapse--now what to use?
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2020 20:23:33 +0000 (UTC)
Cc: usher99@xxxxxxx
I can't find any speed tests in cam at least for E-M1-MKIII.  I am inclined to
go with the ProGrade, Sony tough or Toshiba--latter on the Oly blessing list.
The in cam speed tests are available for the MKII only, that I can find.
Nothing against Lexar, but with the takeover and problem, not inclined to go
there as a first choice.  Wayne votes for ProGrade.  Any other votes?

https://www.cameramemoryspeed.com/olympus-e-m1-ii/sd-card-speed-comparison-test/

With all this wave fxn analogies, came across a very well written article a
couple days back in the NYT.  I opened the link on our ipad w/o any
intermediate steps but forgot Marnie has a subscription.
It is worth the 30 sec to make a free subscription sign in, I strongly believe.
 They gave an outlier's outlier quite the press as many find quantum mechanics
just so unsatisfying. It really seems to stick in one's craw when physics is
just able to precisely describe our experience of reality and not reality
itself.  Never bothered Bohr--the standard "Copenhagen interpretation as
described by some physicists is "shut up and calculate."   It seems to be a
real looooooong shot that anything will come of "objective collapse" approach.
The article is mostly philosophy and no Hamiltonian operators, I promise.  Not
that I can easily use  them anymore either.   Ask a migrating bird or flutterby
if any of these quantum effects even matter on our physical scale.  The data is
becoming overwhelming that quantum entangled radical pairs are required to
transduce a signal from the earth's magnetic field.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/25/magazine/angelo-bassi-quantum-mechanic.html

Nature can be inscrutable if we like it or not, get over it, Mike