Re: [OM] Emerald Waters

Subject: Re: [OM] Emerald Waters
From: Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2020 19:36:44 -0500
Beautiful composition and colors.  You were right, that kit lens does an excellent job with the E-400.

On 6/28/20 7:28 PM, Ken Norton wrote:
http://zone-10.com/d1/node/356

Emerald Waters. Eklutna Lake, Chugach Mountains, Alaska. Olympus E-400
(Kodak CCD) with DZ 14-42 lens. Lest you think all I do is photograph
Alaska... Well, it's kinda true. :)

There is a very nice trail system that runs along the lakeshore and in
the nearby forest that is awesome for mountain biking. It's about a 17
mile round trip to the end of the lake and back, but the trail
continues on for a ways.

The water color is because this is a glacier-fed lake. It's actually
one of the primary water sources for Anchorage, which explains why we
have such good tasting water.

Side note. I had bicycled out to a spot that has a view of a mountain
which looks almost like the Matterhorn. I stopped, took a few pictures
and then headed back. About a mile back, I encountered a fresh pile of
bear scat in the middle of the trail. I thought about stopping and
getting a picture of it, but quickly realized that it was probably
still very nearby and I forgot my bear spray. So, instead of pictures,
I picked up the pace a little bit.

AK Schnozz

--
Jim Nichols