Re: [OM] Managed to snag a 1000 f11 zuiko

Subject: Re: [OM] Managed to snag a 1000 f11 zuiko
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2020 20:27:02 -0700
On 6/28/2020 6:38 PM, Mark Kronquist wrote:

Wow, I am so shamed.

Interesting tidbit about the 600/6.5. I've been doing some testing. The image size in pixels is out of proportion to the other camera/lenses shot. Compared to OM 500/8 mirror and Sigma 600/8 mirror on the same 24 MP A7 sensor and Pleica 100-400 and Sony Rx10 IV, adjusted for sensor MP, it appears my lens is more like 680/7.4.

I don't have any way to accurately measure actual FL, but 675-690 fits right in
with the other lenses.

As you and Jan have said, the 600/6.5 is a very good lens. Amazing how later developments make it easy to use and get good results. Medium weight tripod, image magnification for focusing, let it settle a few seconds after touching, wireless release for a mirrorless EFC sensor, and it has no motion blur. Just ahead of its time?

Congrats!

How many did they make?

Not a clue. My 600 mm is 100433, single coated and the two halves are held
together with slot head screws.

The old multicoating survey from literature put first mention of both long
lenses at 1-74 and listing as MC as 1-79

Paul Sching's MC list shows one multicoated 600, but there are no entries in
either survey list of a 1000 mm.

600         6.5       101000 Black       Olympus OM-System Zuiko MC Auto-T
1:6,5 f=600mm                               red

Still seeking weird Om stuff thx. Mark in oregon

Weird Mantra Moose