Re: [OM] Images on SD card held hostage--wave fxn collapse--now what to

Subject: Re: [OM] Images on SD card held hostage--wave fxn collapse--now what to use?
From: "Pearce, Wilfred via olympus" <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2020 19:47:29 +0000
Cc: "Pearce, Wilfred" <pearce@xxxxxxxx>
Brilliant (a term meaning one who agrees with me)! This has been my practice
wince I began with digital, with my Sony R1. When I made the move, I wasn't
late to the party, but not a first adopter, I asked myself this question: How
many photos are you willing to lose? At that time that possibility was far more
likely than today. I chose, with a thirty year or so career as a pro, I defined
this in numbers of rolls of film. I decided that I didn't want to be in a
position to lose more than  two rolls. So I confined myself to two and four gig
cards (cue peals of riotous laughter).. That meant that I bought quite a few of
these cards as they were being closed out. During my days with the M9, the
larger files menat I needed an eight gig card or two or three, so I sometimes
find myself hurrying to download, but I am appalled to read of these people
that are using giant hundreds of gig cards for still photos. I am aware of
several that own but a single card, and will upgrade to a bigger one when
possible as they wish all photos on one card