Re: [OM] Images on SD card held hostage--wave fxn collapse

Subject: Re: [OM] Images on SD card held hostage--wave fxn collapse
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2020 22:57:54 +0000 (UTC)
Cc: usher99@xxxxxxx
<<<Does the E-M1 III allow mirroring to the card in the  second slot?

Yes indeedy, but the second slot is UHS I---they should have fixed that!
harrumph! Good idea but that kills it.

The larger capacity fast card is not a major  expense in the big scheme of
things and changing cards on a long trip prolly riskier.   The AF bracket
should have a fast card.  Again I like to use them a digital film given my very
modest output.
I need to pick a lane on the  replacement.  I don't like to lug a laptop on
trips.  By the time the card is old the camera is likely gone  or soon to be
gone anyway.  That is not true for film and my OM bodies.

 I hope you studied the NYT article.  Quiz on Thursday.

Here is another short article:

https://landing.newscientist.com/department-for-education-feature-3/

The double slot experiment as diagrammed was performed in 1998 at the Weizmann
Institute in Tel Aviv and published in Nature.  The more efficient the electron
detection the smaller the interference pattern that emerged--electrons behaved
as particles if watched!--wave fxn collapse by observation.
Soooo weird.  Of course there must be some sort of interaction for detection.

Large card solution, Mike