Re: [OM] Images on SD card held hostage--wave fxn collapse

Subject: Re: [OM] Images on SD card held hostage--wave fxn collapse
From: Wayne Shumaker <om3ti@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2020 17:48:05 -0700
At 6/29/2020 03:57 PM, Mike wrote:
> I hope you studied the NYT article.  Quiz on Thursday.

I've been reading it. I took some quantum mechanics as extra curricular classes
in college in the 70's. As an electrical engineering student, Laplace and
Fourier transforms were bread and butter for me. If you take the transform of
an impulse you get an infinite spectrum. If you band limit the spectrum you
spread out the impulse. I always thought there was some relationship to
uncertainty. I could go on, but ... particles are just energy twisting up space.

An interesting theory is presented in the book "The Idea of the World - a
multi-disciplinary argument for the mental nature of reality" by Bernardo
Kastrup. And his article in Scientific American:
https://blogs.scientificamerican.com/observations/physics-is-pointing-inexorably-to-mind/

I have yet to dig through his arguments. My mind is not what it used to be.
I find taking photos is more fun - collapsing all those photons into all those
RGB buckets.

>Here is another short article:
>
>https://landing.newscientist.com/department-for-education-feature-3/
>
>The double slot experiment as diagrammed was performed in 1998 at the Weizmann
>Institute in Tel Aviv and published in Nature.  The more efficient the
>electron detection the smaller the interference pattern that
>emerged--electrons behaved as particles if watched!--wave fxn collapse by
>observation.
>Soooo weird.  Of course there must be some sort of interaction for detection.

My cat is still alive - WayneS