Re: [OM] Creating aluminium based images

Subject: Re: [OM] Creating aluminium based images
From: "Michael R. Collins" <MRC.OlympusList@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 2020 17:07:30 -0400
Cc: "Pearce, Wilfred via olympus" <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
A local high-end shop in Toronto does "metal prints" on alumin(i)um in a different way <https://www.pikto.com/metal--prints.html>:

"Inkjet dye print heat-transferred directly to aluminum."

Chromaluxa substrate: <https://www.chromaluxe.eu/>

Two finish options:

1. "Our Silver Matte finish allows for the brushed metal surface to shine through and create a soft glow. White and high contrast areas appear as matte, brushed metal. Best for low contrast, bright images. Recommended for Black and White photography." 2. "Our White Gloss has a white base that allows for amazing colour range and incredible saturation. The glossy surface means your images will have a crisp and clear rendering. This is a standard option for most imagery reproduction."

Michael