Re: [OM] Sony A7ii remote issues

Subject: Re: [OM] Sony A7ii remote issues
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2020 22:16:07 -0700
On 7/10/2020 5:31 PM, Ken Norton wrote:
I must admit defeat. Trying to get app control of the Sony A7 II has
proven to be a bigger challenge than I thought possible. I think I'd
rather have my fingernails pulled out one at a time than deal with it
much longer.

I did use WiFi remote on the A7 some time ago. Seemed primitive. My solutions
are:

1. A $10 or less IR remote. Costs nothing, slips happily into a pocket. Works.

2. A wireless remote. I've used a Pixel RW221 for years. With interchangeable camera cables, I first used it on Canon, now on Oly and Sony. It's been flawless for me. <https://www.amazon.com/Wireless-Shutter-Release-Control-NEX-3NL/dp/B0748DZZGN/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=pixel+rw221+sony&qid=1594443383&s=electronics&sr=1-2>

IR has to be used from in front, although it's powerful enough to work by
reflection when working on a copy stand.

The Pixel has a considerable range.

At least the Panasonic GX85 is easy to set up and use.

And yet, I most often just want simple remote release and Panny doesn't provide that. I end up using delayed shutter most often.

The Sony RX10 IV is coolest, wire/wireless remote or old fashioned screw in
release - plus the WiFI/T thingie.

Freed Moose