Re: [OM] IMG: Seen at the Airport

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Seen at the Airport
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2020 11:14:34 +0100
That has a tiny prop, Jim!

I have a major antipathy to pilots with little training carrying out
“dogfights”.  In the UK there is a cadre of wealthy aircraft owners who pay
experienced military pilots to fly their aircraft in formation and to fly
tailchases.  Because it is run according to CAA rules the minimum heights are
lower than in the military and if anything goes wrong, such as a stall or spin,
there is less space for recovery.  A former colleague died a few years ago by
spinning out of a tailchase.

Chris