Re: [OM] Fang?

Subject: Re: [OM] Fang?
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2020 11:11:00 -0700
> From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
>     So how did this purchase work out?

As well as any un-needed purchase does!

I ran a roll of film through it. They look nice. Now, it sits on a shelf.

You can have it for what I paid, plus shipping. :-)

> My first E-500 was one of these kits, which I bought at Costco for $800 just
> after they were released.  The lenses were set aside after I leaned that I
> could use MF lenses once I got a suitable adapter.
>
>     After reading all of the problems and misgivings about the newer models,
> as well as the recent discussion about the Kodak sensor, I decided that
> sticking with the E-500/510/520 was a wise choice.  So, I went hunting on
> evilBay and came away with a clean E-500 body for just under $40.
>

>> E-500, two lenses (14-45 and 40-150 kit lenses), tripod, and photo
>> backpack for C$50 (about $35 US).
>>
>> I don?t know why I?m doing this. I already have the E-300 with the
>> 8Mpx Kodak sensor. I?m telling myself it?s for my grandson?s 12th
>> birthday, but he has a fancy phone, and probably doesn?t fancy carrying
>> a big camera around...

:::: ... no other human occupation opens so wide a field for the profitable and
agreeable combination of labor with cultivated thought, as agriculture. I know
of nothing so pleasant to the mind, as the discovery of anything which is at
once new and valuable-nothing which so lightens and sweetens toil, as the
hopeful pursuit of such discovery. And how vast, and how varied a field is
agriculture, for such discovery. The mind, already trained to thought, in the
country school, or higher school, cannot fail to find there an exhaustless
source of profitable enjoyment. Every blade of grass is a study; and to produce
two, where there was but one, is both a profit and a pleasure. And not grass
alone; but soils, seeds, and seasons-hedges, ditches, and fences, draining,
droughts, and irrigation-plowing, hoeing, and harrowing-reaping, mowing, and
threshing-saving crops, pests of crops, diseases of crops, and what will
prevent or cure them-implements, utensils, and machines, their relative merit
 s, and [how] to improve them-hogs, horses, and cattle-sheep, goats, and
poultry-trees, shrubs, fruits, plants, and flowers-the thousand things of which
these are specimens-each a world of study within itself. -- Abraham Lincoln
<http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=Abraham+Lincoln> ::::