Re: [OM] IMG: Two for Friday

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Two for Friday
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2020 16:03:13 -0700
On 7/17/2020 10:08 AM, Jim Nichols wrote:
At the end of the week, subjects were rather limited.  The one remaining Day Lily attracted small insects, both flying and crawling.

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/20200717-P7172509.JPG.html

Nice! But it's two visitors, not one, what with the cricket. :-)

And this American Snout Butterfly gave me a head-on view.

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/20200717-P7172523.JPG.html

That didn't really work. No separation of snout from background, and perhaps
insufficient DoF.

I've seen one Tiger Swallowtail pass by, but it didn't linger.

Our Buddleia is have far its best year ever, but almost no flutterby action. carol said a "big, flashy" one visited briefly, then headed out. The insects and hummingbirds are enjoying it, though.

Jiminy Moose