[OM] edit Date/time data in exif file

Subject: [OM] edit Date/time data in exif file
From: Brian Gray via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 18 Jul 2020 22:25:59 +0100
Cc: Brian Gray <bsg017@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Hi
Recent discussions in the list about exif data remind me that I have
several hundred files from commercial scanning of my slides and photos
which show the date of scanning.   This can be 50 years after the original
photo was taken. What do list members recommend as the best way/software to
easily edit the exif date and, if possible, add some information about the
photo? I believe GimP would do it while I used to use my old paid-for
version of  Photoshop for basic editing but that is no longer compatible
with W10 (It was at first but fails to load after an early W10 update)
Brian