Re: [OM] In stressful times

Subject: Re: [OM] In stressful times
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2020 13:24:32 +0100
I’m rather afraid that the UK’s rate is too high again.  The R number is
apparently 1.2 nationwide and the numbers of new cases, having bottomed out a
week or so ago, could be on the increase.

Our little part of Cambridgeshire (South Cambridgeshire) is relatively free of
the problem, at around 200 per million, but there is twice or three times that
rate not far away (I know, in US terms nowhere is “far” away :-))

However, the testing system has been so haphazard that it’s difficult to tell
for certain.

We had a video conference last week to discuss opening our church for private
prayer, but the variety of views on what constituted a decent standard of risk
control was too great for me to consider volunteering for steward duties.

Chris