Re: [OM] IMG: Approaching Rain Storm

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Approaching Rain Storm
From: Jim Nichols <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2020 18:10:38 -0500
Thanks, Wayne.  I ended up saving it as a .psd file and posted it that way.

On 7/28/20 5:28 PM, Wayne Shumaker wrote:
At 7/28/2020 11:38 AM, Jim wrote:

I walked out in sunshine and the clouds starting moving in. There wasn't much activity, so I
snapped a couple of shots of the approaching clouds.  Examining Photoshop, I noted that
I have been uploading 8-bit jpg images.  I switched it to 16-bit, and noted that it now
gave me psd images, so I accepted that, and placed the image in the LUG gallery.  Then,
I found that it would enlarge to the posted size, but no longer gave me the Exif option.

So, if anyone cares to enlighten me about the proper procedure, I would be
happy to change my ways.

http://www.gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/20200728-P7282698.psd.html

I'm on a corner, with a lot of cables, so they can be difficult to avoid I'm
pointing East.
JPEGs are always 8-bit. PSD files are photoshop files used to save you current
edit session. I use 16-bit all of the time with photoshop when edting files.
You can set it in camera raw. However, you then export the file to jpeg and it
will be an 8 bit file.

WayneS

--
Jim Nichols