Re: [OM] OT: Railroad Bridge Fire

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: Railroad Bridge Fire
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2020 13:22:47 -0800
I enlisted the help of "the googles" and saw video and pictures of it.
Yeah, that's a mess. I figure two-years as a minimum before that
bridge is back in action. But I'm going to guess five years and a full
rebuild.The railroads have been trying to get rid of as many of those
truss style bridges as possible.

There are also primary telecom fiber routes that go across that
bridge. Or did... Fortunately, the Interwebs are pretty resilient with
many levels of redundancy, but this will immediately put a halt on a
lot of nightly network upgrade work until everything has been spliced
around this break.

AG Schnozz