Re: [OM] Sad tumble

Subject: Re: [OM] Sad tumble
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2020 15:14:50 -0700
On 8/2/2020 10:39 AM, Chris Barker wrote:
We’ve just visited one son and his family near Blandford Forum, staying at a
cracking campsite nearby.  We had our two granddaughters for a BBQ lunch one day and I
decided to take a group shot using my Lumix TZ200 on a mini tripod.

I had set it up when one granddaughter decided to sit down and knocked the
table, tipping the camera and tripod into the dirt nearby, about 3ft lower.

I picked it up with a little grumpiness but saw that the lens wasn’t dirty and
all would be well . . . then I noticed that the tiny flash, which I had extended, was
bent.  It would not stow.  I kept my good-humoured demeanour, outwardly at least, so
as to avoid spoiling the party, but I felt very sad.

That is sad. Looking at mine and at your pic, it appears that the bottom hinge
has popped out or broken.

'Twere me, I'd be poking about in there to see if I could get it stowed - and
then never use it again. :-)

Out of 2500+ shots, only 21 were with flash, and none had been processed until now. Here's one that proposes a short term palliative for your sadness. <https://photos.app.goo.gl/GXT1MqP9qjv4xw4DA>

So I don't really need the flash. But I hope yours gets well soon!

Dr. No Flash