[OM] The new Oly 100-400 compared to PL 100-400

Subject: [OM] The new Oly 100-400 compared to PL 100-400
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2020 23:19:24 +0000 (UTC)
Cc: usher99@xxxxxxx
 A bit bigger, faster and sharper at wide apertures and compatible with  1.4
and 2.0 TC.   Seems odd they didn't make it work with sync IS but it is not a
"pro" series lens.  I do like the AS tripod foot but the advantage of the MFT
IS system is to enable it to be handheld.  If it somehow is the cat's meow with
a 1.4 TC (prolly not really possible), I could be tempted--also like the
weather sealing.
Doubt Moose will be tempted as the PL works nicely with Dual IS and is more
portable. Enjoyed the review and thought others might too.

https://mirrorlesscomparison.com/micro-four-thirds-lenses/olympus-100-400mm-vs-panasonic-100-400mm/

Taking the long view, , Mike