Re: [OM] The new Oly 100-400 compared to PL 100-400

Subject: Re: [OM] The new Oly 100-400 compared to PL 100-400
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2020 11:47:15 -0700
On 8/10/2020 11:18 AM, Ken Norton wrote:
I like this quote from Jim Kasson:
"I think the relentless pursuit of the ideal will harm your photography. The best is
the enemy of the good."
That is true in so many areas. Not just photography.

I was thinking about Moose's dislike of changing lenses. I must admit
that I've gotten less and less inclined to change lenses in the field.
As I think about it, there are two reasons that are the primary
drivers for me:

1. Dust on the sensor. Can I be frank? The mirrorless cameras really
suck (literally and figuratively) when it comes to sensor dust.

I have had basically no trouble with this - probably 'cause I don't change
lenses in the field, and hardly at home.

2. Lens-lock release. The OM film camera lens mount was brilliant in
so many ways, <. . .>

Honestly, the lens-release, as well as mount alignment of the Sony A7
is about as horrid as they come. It's really bad. It not only takes
three hand, but at least three tries to get the lens aligned right.

Yes, it's stupid, but I seem to have adapted.

My number 2: I never learned how to juggle.

Juggling Impaired Moose