Re: [OM] Need a new Oly body?

Subject: Re: [OM] Need a new Oly body?
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2020 14:27:53 -0700
On 8/14/2020 1:38 PM, Mike Bloor wrote:
Still at 1699.99 euro on the UK/Irish web site. That’s about 2,013USD.

Do I get the feeling that we are being ripped off?

Oly does not price or sell here, and I expect it's the same in Europe.

OlympusAmerica is the local distributor for North America. They are the ones having the sale. The details of the contract between OA and OJ are, of course, secret. It's not unlikely that OA make their own determination of demand, order stock, and cannot return it if it doesn't sell.

If so, we here are beneficiaries of an error on the part of OA, while the distributor for Europe didn't get stuck with excess stock. Or they did, and they prefer not to recognize the write-offs involved. Or not this year or quarter, or hope for a miracle.

Seen the Sausage Made Moose