Re: [OM] namethatlens & EXIF [was Meet Strawberry Candy]

Subject: Re: [OM] namethatlens & EXIF [was Meet Strawberry Candy]
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 15 Aug 2020 01:44:41 -0700
Just in case anyone is interested, LR does see the lens tag put in by
namethatlens for cataloging purposes.  Not sure the LR plug in is worth
bothering with unless wish to do everything in LR.

At least one of me.

I don't understand the resistance to using exiftools from .bat files. It's easy, quick, does only what you want, and nothing else. Does large batches at once.

If anxious, or trying something new, remove the '-overwrite_original' parameter. then, it renames the original file and writes a new one. So one may undo it.

Used with the 'Send To' feature of Windoze Explorer, it's dead easy. Most of the time, I remember to do it before importing into LR, but if not, it's easy in LR to update metadata from the file.

LR does show the lens name/model, FL and aperture data put in this way. As my .bat files put the name/model into three tags, I don't know which one LR uses. Works, ain't broke.

Ex If Moose