Re: [OM] Reaching the Top

Subject: Re: [OM] Reaching the Top
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 2020 23:18:29 +0000 (UTC)
Cc: usher99@xxxxxxx
> Nice. One question? Do you have some hiking poles?

<<That's part of the problem. I generally don't use anything and when I
<<do it's usually my big monopod.

Marnie and I both got poles for these Ryder Walker Inn to Inn hikes.  I often
carry my smallest CF pod with them.  I got adjustable CF poles so can lengthen
them for long downhills and shorten for long uphill slogs. Saves the joints
and less apt to stumble when tired.   You can see Marnie's poles here--fixed
length and Al but still valuable for 15mi days.

https://www.olyendomike.com/Dolomites-2019/i-L5XgMzM/A

https://www.olyendomike.com/Dolomites-2019/i-HQbtjSG/A

Marnie wanted to be helicoptered to the Rifugio but the T-storm behind us got
her moving.

Poles R us, Mike