Re: [OM] Found Aircraft Canada FBA-2C1

Subject: Re: [OM] Found Aircraft Canada FBA-2C1
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 2020 17:00:39 -0800
> Great shot, Ken.  You have the classic challenge of using a shutter
> speed below 1/200 in order to get a blurred prop while wrestling with a
> heavy lens or choosing to use a tripod in order to get rid of camera
> shake.  While I do use a shoulder stock at times with that lens, I'm
> betting that you found a good location for a tripod.  To me, that one
> shows what Alaska flying is all about.

Thank you, Jim.

ISO 100, F6.3, 1/320, 112mm

I was using a monopod and IS on 2, which allows for panning.

The location is incredible. Lake Hood Seaplane base has two "lakes"
connected with a canal that is the official "runway". You can get very
close to this canal and the view is pretty much uninterrupted.
Meanwhile, behind you there are 747s, 777s, AN124s and MD11s taking
off and landing, and just on the other side of the canal is the Lake
Hood gravel strip. There is always an airplane in the air somewhere
around you.

AG Schnozz