Re: [OM] Systems Rationalization

Subject: Re: [OM] Systems Rationalization
From: Wayne Shumaker <om3ti@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2020 13:43:08 -0700
At 9/11/2020 11:42 AM, Philippe wrote:

>A camera in a bag hardly ever takes photos, except if you have set the gear to
>â??no sleepâ?? :-)
>The best bag is open air with the strap around your neck or on your shoulder.
>Same with camera, the best one is that you have in your hands when needed.
>
>Am I so wrong ?
>
>The rest seems to me, immaterial ?

I have issues with the strap around neck or shoulder. Especially when hiking
and biking. For casual outings, OK. But just bend over and the camera comes
swinging around. Sometimes you need your hands free to maneuver or to use
trekking poles.

I have a Peak Design capture clip attached to the backpack strap. Camera is
always in reach and does not flop around like a camera strapped around the
neck. Works great for me for biking when attached to my Camelbak shoulder
strap. Like the GX9 + PL 12-60. Very comfortable hiking with no neck weight.
Scrambling up rocks, etc. the camera does not get in the way nor swing around
into rocks, leaving both hands free. Probably does not work well with heavy
zoom/telephoto lenses.

I've tried all sorts of ways to keep camera at the ready and so far this works
the best.

WayneS