[OM] Hyper?

Subject: [OM] Hyper?
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2020 22:40:57 -0700
I wonder if anyone noticed what lens the front yard photo of Smog chez Moose
was taken with?

I grabbed the A7 II with 16-35/4 lens. Once outside, I found that I could get either a shot of the yard, with a little bit of sky, or a shot with enough sky, but lots of perspective distortion. And correction of perspective distortion narrows the AoV quite a bit.

So I switched to the Voightländer Heliar-Hyper-Wide 10/5.6. Ahhh, foreground AND sky, with only moderate perspective distortion from imperfect hand holding. <http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/tech/Lenses/Heliar%2010-56/Hyper.htm>

It seems to me that the wider view is more compelling as to the phenomenon of the sky, while also showing its effect on colors below it.

Of note is that the Sony has considerable linear distortion, while the Voightländer has essentially none. DxO PhotoLab has a profile for it, but the change is infinitesimal.

Differences in light/color are likely 'cause the light was changing.

I know a lot of people are fearful that such a wide AoV lens is too hard to use. I'm not convinced, I think it opens up opportunities.

Hyper Active Moose