Re: [OM] Transient cam malady, next steps?

Subject: Re: [OM] Transient cam malady, next steps?
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2020 22:25:58 +0000 (UTC)
Cc: usher99@xxxxxxx
<<Mike, first let me offer my sympathy.  That is upsetting.  I would agree with
you that it sounds like a hardware problem.  Let me ask a question.  Has it
been sitting, unused, for quite a period of time?  What I am wondering <<is
whether or not your searching for a solution may have raised the temperature
enough to expel some moisture that was causing the problem?

Sat for a couple weeks--had tried Pro cap mode  low with CAF near Essex river--
wet black labs and sticks.  No images of artistic merit  but fun proof of
concept. Moose prompted this activity as he determined Pro cap mode H works for
PL 100-400 though "they" say it isn't supposed to work.
Anyway, charged the battery and powered up the beastie and the problem is back,
sigh.   I don't think it will regain my trust for quite awhile, if ever. Off it
goes.  Perhaps extended warranty if a problem child?

BTW,  I powered up the OM-2 which sat for a year, and it was raring to go.

Diminished arsenal, Mike