Re: [OM] Byron Glacier and Fall Colors

Subject: Re: [OM] Byron Glacier and Fall Colors
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2020 11:22:42 -0800
> What I actually think, is that when you know your gear a little, it is you
> who adapt(s)* and take(s)* the pixies that will be usable from that very gear.

This is very true! For example, when I am out and about with the E-1,
I know to take pictures that plays to that camera's strengths and
avoid the weaknesses.

Of all the camera stuff that I've acquired these past two years, I
think the most significant item is the _____________. Seriously, the
___________ has been a complete and total game-changer for me.

> Philippe, a zoom guy forever ;-)

One camera-lens combination I've absolutely love, but don't love, is
the GX85 with Lumix 25/1.7 lens. Lightweight, small, fast, sharp,
contrasty, inexpensive, etc. It is everything I ever would want in a
camera and lens combination. But the problem is that with my
mentality, I suffer from FOMO (Fear Of Missing Out) with a single
focal-length lens. With the "normal" focal length, I can't get the
wide or telephoto shots that I just know will be there and like an
idiot, I left those incredible little lenses home. But I can go on a
hike with all three lenses, and have the 25/1.7 mounted and never
change lenses. I dragged the other two around just in case I happen to
have a hair-brained idea to get a different kind of shot.

AG (I'm actually clueless what the ___________ is) Schnozz