Re: [OM] Byron Glacier and Fall Colors

Subject: Re: [OM] Byron Glacier and Fall Colors
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2020 15:01:23 -0700
On 10/7/2020 12:00 PM, Philippe wrote:
Le 7 oct. 2020 à 20:11, Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx> a écrit :

I've discovered something else rather disconcerting. The older I get,
the absolute best lens to use for the next picture happens to be the
one that is currently mounted on the camera.

True for me, as well. However, when "out photographing", I have two cameras hanging around my neck, and often a third one clipped to my belt. With 10-800 mm, FF eq. literally at hand, there is little need for adaptation on my part. ;-)

At long last  Ken ;-)

What I actually think, is that when you know your gear a little, it is you who
adapt(s)* and take(s)* the pixies that will be usable from that very gear.

As above . . .

The rest of tech talk is immaterial ;-)

In the moment, I agree. In the choice of gear to be at hand in the moment, I
find it significant:

Do I want the camera with the possibly better OIS/IBIS sync - or the one that starts a buffer of shots as I hold the shutter button half-way down, then saves a bunch of the most recent ones when I push it the rest of the way, thus capturing the moment my reflexes and the camera delay would otherwise have missed?

Do I want one with a lovely FF sensor, or the smaller sensor that does focus
bracketing?

And so on.

Philippe, a zoom guy forever ;-)

D'accord